From holding a conversation to navigating social situations, those on the spectrum often struggle with relating to peers and groups around them. Here are some resources for easing social situations:
- The National Autistic Society based in the U.K.
- Promoting Teen Social Skills (Autism Speaks)
- Teens with ASD: Social Skills (Talk About Curing Autism)
- Social Communication Strategies for Adolescents with Autism (American Speech-Language-Hearing Association)
- Teaching Autistic Teens to Make Friends (Science Daily)
Also check our Social Skills page for local resources, classes and offerings.